1. Able, KW and FJ Fodrie (2015) Distribution and dynamics of habitat use by juvenile and adult flatfishes. Pgs. 242-282. In: Gibson, RN, RDM Nash, AJ Geffen, and HW Van der Veer (eds.), Flatfishes: Biology and Exploitation, Second Edition. Fish and Aquatic Resources Series. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, United Kingdom.
(Mentored: #graduate student; *undergraduate/technician; $postdoctoral researcher)
96. Naisbett-Jones, LC, C Branham, S Biraff, S Paliotti, AR McMains, FJ Fodrie, JW Morley, JA Buckel, and KJ Lohmann (submitted) A method for long-term retention of pop-up satellite archival tags (PSATs) on small migratory fishes. Journal of Fish Biology
95. Oken, KL, KW Able, K de Mutsert, FJ Fodrie, PC López-Duarte, CW Martin, MJ McCann, P Neubauer, JA Olin, MJ Polito, BJ Roberts, and OP Jensen (submitted) Fishery closures, more than predator release, increased resilience of nearshore fishes and invertebrates to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Estuaries and Coasts
94. Bost, MC, CD Deaton, AB Rodriguez, BA McKee, FJ Fodrie, and CB Miller (submitted) Anthropogenic impacts on tidal creek sedimentation since 1900. PLoS One
93. Zhang$, YS, RK Gittman, SH Swinea*, G Roskar, JA Jarvis, JM Kenworthy, FJ Fodrie (revision resubmitted) Tropical cyclone impacts on seagrass-associated fishes in a temperate-subtropical estuary. PLoS One
92. Poray, AK, JW Morley$, LEJ Alexander, and FJ Fodrie (revision requested) Positive interactions between bivalves and seagrass may facilitate an ecosystem-based approach to habitat conservation. Estuaries and Coasts
91. Kroll#, IR, and FJ Fodrie (revision requested) Carry-over effects from nursery habitats may influence reproductive life history of a coastal marine fish. Estuaries and Coasts
90. Baillie$, CJ, FJ Fodrie, and JW Morley$ (in review) Opportunities and obstacles for sustainable shellfish mariculture in a temperate estuarine human-natural system. Reviews in Fisheries Science and Aquaculture
89. Kenworthy#, MD, JH Grabowski, RK Gittman, DA Keller#, FS Scharf, L Hollensead, TK Scheffel, and FJ Fodrie (in review) Restoration goals, spatial scale, and species identity influence how cultch shell enhancement and artificial reefs provide habitat subsidies for estuarine fishes. Restoration Ecology
88. Duffy, JE, JJ Stachowicz, PL Reynolds, EE Sotka, KA Hovel, C Bostrom, KE Boyer, M Cusson, J Eklof, AH Engelen, BK Eriksson, FJ Fodrie, JN Griffin, CM Hereu, M Hori, AR Hughes, MV Ivanov, M Jahnke, P Jorgensen, C Kruschel, K-S Lee, JS Lefcheck, P-O Moksnes, M Nakaoka, MI O'Connor, NE O'Connor, RJ Orth, BJ Peterson, H Reiss, K Reiss, JP Richardson, F Rossi, JL Ruesink, ST Schultz, J Thormar, F Tomas, R Unsworth, E Voigt, MA Whalen, SL Ziegler, JL Olsen (2022) A Pleistocene legacy structures variation in modern seagrass ecosystems. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 119: e2121425119.
87. Plumlee#, JD, G Roskar*, JK Craig, and FJ Fodrie (2022) Assessing the catchability of predators in the presence of prey using experimental gillnets in a temperate estuary. Fisheries Research 253: 106383.
86. Tice-Lewis#, M, YS Zhang*,$, SG Redding*, NL Lindquist, AB Rodriguez, C Fieseler, QA Walker*, FJ Fodrie (2022) Coastal squeeze on temperate reefs: long-term shifts in salinity, water quality, and oyster-associated communities. Ecological Applications 32: e2609
85. Grabowski, JH, CJ Baillie, A Baukus, FJ Fodrie, RK Gittman, AR Hughes, DL Kimbro, HS Lenihan, SP Powers, K Sullivan, and R Wagaman (2022) Fish and invertebrate use of restored vs. natural oyster reefs in a shallow temperate latitude estuary. Ecosphere 13: e4035.
84. Gross, CP, JE Duffy, KA Hovel, MR Kardish, PL Reynolds, C Boström, KE Boyer, M Cusson, J Eklöf, AH Engelen, BK Eriksson, FJ Fodrie, JN Griffin, CM Hereu, M Hori, AR Hughes, MV Ivanov, P Jorgensen, C Kruschel, K-S Lee, J Lefcheck, P-O Moksnes, M Nakaoka, MI O'Connor, NE O'Connor, JL Olsen, RJ Orth, BJ Peterson, H Reiss, F Rossi, J Ruesink, EE Sotka, J Thormar, F Tomas, R Unsworth, EP Voigt, MA Whalen, and JJ Stachowicz (2022) The biogeography of community assembly: latitude and predation pressure drive geographic variation in community trait distribution in a guild of marine epifaunal crustaceans. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, Biological Sciences 289: 20211762
83. Yarnall#, AH, JE Byers, LA Yeager, and FJ Fodrie (2022) Comparing fragmentation and edge effects on seagrass communities: a meta-analysis. Ecology 103: e3603.
82. Plumlee#, JD, MD Kenworthy#, RK Gittman, DA Keller#, EE Garnet, L Vaca-Pita, LA Carr, FJ Fodrie (2022) Remarkable euryhalinity of a marine fish Lutjanus novemfasciatus in mangrove nurseries. Ecology 103: e03582.
81. Van Hoeck, RV, AB Paxton, DR Bohnentiehl, JC Taylor, FJ Fodrie, and CH Peterson (2021) Passive acoustic monitoring complements traditional methods for assessing habitat enhancement outcomes. Ecosphere 12: e03840.
80. Swinea*, SH, and FJ Fodrie (2021) Gulf fisheries supported resilience in the decade following unparalleled oiling. Ecosphere 12: e03801.
79. Gittman, RK, SB Scyphers, CJ Baillie, A Brodmerkel, JH Grabowski, M Livernois, A Poray, CS Smith, and FJ Fodrie (2021) Reversing a tyranny of cascading shoreline-protection decisions driving coastal habitat loss. Conservation Science and Practice 3: e490.
78. Keppeler, FW, JA Olin, P Lopez-Duarte, MJ Polito, L Hooper-Bùi, SS Taylor, NN Rabalais, FJ Fodrie, BJ Roberts, RE Turner, CW Martin, and OP Jensen (2021) Body size, trophic position, and the coupling of different energy pathways across a saltmarsh landscape. Limnology and Oceanography Letters 6: 360-368.
77. Ziegler#, SL, LR Clance*, AR McMains*, MD Miller*, and FJ Fodrie (2021) Influence of marsh island size on nekton communities: intermediate optima rather than SLOSS. Marine Ecology Progress Series 672: 45-56.
76. Wiesenburg, DA, RL Shipp, C Wilson, FJ Fodrie, SP Powers, J Latrigue, KM Darnell, MM Baustian, C Ngo, JF Valentine, and K Wowk (2021) Prospects for Gulf of Mexico Environmental Recovery and Restoration. Oceanography 34: 164-173.
75. Li, W, X-M Liu, K Wang, FJ Fodrie, and T Yoshimura (2021) The K isotopic composition of modern marine biogenic carbonates. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 304: 364-380.
74. Benavides#, MT, FJ Fodrie, SR Fegley, and G Bargione (2021) Size changes within a southeast United States coastal shark assemblage: 1975-2018. Marine and Coastal Fisheries: Dynamics, Management, and Ecosystem Science 13:228–239.
73. Hovel, KA, JE Duffy, JJ Stachowicz, P Reynolds, C Bostrom, K Boyer, M Cusson, FJ Fodrie, CM Hereu, M Hori, P Jorgensen, C Kruschel, K-S Lee, NE O’Connor, M Nakaoka, FT Nash, F Rossi, and J Ruesink (2021) Joint effects of patch edges and habitat degradation on faunal predation risk in a widespread marine foundation species. Ecology 102: e03316.
72. Lefcheck, JS, B Pfirmann, FJ Fodrie, JH Grabowski, AR Hughes, and AR Smyth (2021) Consumption rates on oyster reefs vs. shellfish leases: a seasonal and latitudinal comparison. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 536: 1-8.
71. Whalen, MA, RDB Whippo, PH York, E Aiello, T Alcoverro, C Bertolini, L Benedetti-Cecchi, M Bresch, F Bulleri, PE Carnell, S Cimon, RM Connolly, M Cusson, MS Diskin, E D'Souza, AAV Flores, FJ Fodrie, AWE Galloway, LC Gaskins, OJ Graham, TC Hanley, CJ Henderson, CM Hereu, M Hessing-Lewis, KA Hovel, BB Hughes, AR Hughes, KM Hultgren, H Jänes, DS Janiak, LN Johnston, P Jorgensen, BP Kelaher, C Kruschel, BS Lanham, K-S Lee, JS Lefcheck, E Lozano-Álvarez, PI Macreadie, ZL Monteith, NE O'Connor, AD Olds, JK O'Leary, CJ Patrick, O Pino, AGB Poore, MA Rasheed, WW Raymond, K Reiss, OK Rhoades, MT Robinson, PG Ross, F Rossi, TA Schlacher, J Seemann, BR Silliman, DL Smee, JJ Stachowicz, M Thiel, RKF Unsworth, BI van Tussenbroek, A Vergés, ME Yeager, BK Yednock, SL Ziegler, and JE Duffy (2020) Predator communities mediate the effect of climate on predation intensity in shallow marine environments. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 117: 28160-28166.
70. Ziegler#, SL, MD Miller*, CS Smith, and FJ Fodrie (2020) Access windows rather than habitat structure drive predation across the land-sea interface. Estuaries and Coasts DOI: 10.1007/s12237-020-00829-7.
69. Van Hoeck#, RV, AB Paxton, DR Bohnenstiehl, JC Taylor, FJ Fodrie, DP Nowacek, CM Voss, and CH Peterson (2020) Soundscapes of natural and artificial temperate reefs: similar temporal patterns but distinct spectral content. Marine Ecology Progress Series 649: 35-51.
68. Plumlee#, JD, LA Yeager, and FJ Fodrie (2020) Role of saltmarsh production in subsidizing adjacent seagrass food webs: implications for landscape-scale restoration. Food Webs e00158.
67. Fodrie, FJ, KL Heck Jr, CFT Andrus, and SP Powers (2020) Determinants of the nursery role of seagrass meadows in the sub-tropical Gulf of Mexico: inshore-offshore connectivity for snapper and grouper. Marine Ecology Progress Series 647: 135-147.
66. Yarnall#, AH, and FJ Fodrie (2020) Predator-prey dynamics within seagrass landscapes shift with summer temperature transitions. Oecologia 193: 403-413.
65. Hoey, JA, FJ Fodrie, Q Walker*, E Hilton, TG Kellison, T Targett, JC Taylor, KW Able, and ML Pinsky (2020) Using multiple natural tags provides evidence for extensive larval dispersal across space and through time in summer flounder. Molecular Ecology 29: 1421-1435.
64. Korzik, M, H Austin, B Cooper, C Jasperse, G Tan, E Richards, E Spencer, B Steinwand, FJ Fodrie, and J Bruno (2020) Marketplace shrimp mislabeling in North Carolina. PLoS One 15: e0229512.
63. Benavides#, MT, FJ Fodrie, and DW Johnston (2020) Shark detection probability from aerial drone surveys within a temperate estuary. Journal of Unmanned Vehicle Systems 8: 44-56.
62. Ziegler#, SL, KW Able, and FJ Fodrie (2019) Dietary shifts across biogeographic scales alter spatial subsidy dynamics. Ecosphere 10: e02980.
61. Yeager, LA, JK Geyer*, and FJ Fodrie (2019) Trait sensitivities to seagrass fragmentation across spatial scales shape benthic community structure. Journal of Animal Ecology 88: 1743-1754.
60. Keller#, DA, RK Gittman, MC Brodeur#, MD Kenworthy#, JT Ridge#, LA Yeager$, AB Rodriguez, and FJ Fodrie (2019) Salt marsh shoreline geomorphology influences the development of restored oyster reefs and use by associated fauna. Restoration Ecology 27: 1429-1441.
59. Jensen, OP, CW Martin, KL Oken, FJ Fodrie, PC López-Duarte, KW Able, and BJ Roberts (2019) Simultaneous estimation of dispersal and survival of the gulf killifish (Fundulus grandis) from a batch-tagging experiment. Marine Ecology Progress Series 624: 183-194.
58. Lipcius, RN, DB Eggleston, FJ Fodrie, J van der Meer, KA Rose, RP Vasconcelos, and KE van de Wolfshaar (2019) Modeling quantitative value of coastal habitats for exploited populations. Frontiers in Marine Science 6: 1-22.
57. Livernois, MC, FJ Fodrie, KL Heck Jr, and SP Powers (2019) Emergent multiple predator effects and habitat complexity shape estuarine trophic dynamics. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 511: 120-128.
56. Kenworthy#, MD, JH Grabowski, CA Layman, GD Sherwood, SP Powers, CH Peterson, RK Gittman, DA Keller#, and FJ Fodrie (2018) Movement ecology of a higher-order predator reveals limited landscape-scale connectivity within a temperate estuary. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 75: 1990-1998.
55. Ziegler#, SL, FJ Fodrie, CJ Baillie*, and JH Grabowski (2018) Effects of landscape setting on oyster reef structure and function persist more than a decade post restoration. Restoration Ecology 26: 933-942.
54. Gittman, RK, FJ Fodrie, CJ Baillie*, MC Brodeur#, CA Currin, DA Keller#, MD Kenworthy#, JP Morton*, JT Ridge#, and YS Zhang* (2018) Living on the edge: increasing patch size enhances resilience of restored salt marsh to inundation stress. Estuaries and Coasts 41: 884-895.
53. Kroll#, IR, AK Poray, BJ Puckett, DB Eggleston, and FJ Fodrie (2018) Quantifying estuarine-scale invertebrate larval dispersal and connectivity: methodological and ecological insights. Limnology and Oceanography 63: 1979-1991.
52. Mahoney*, R, MD Kenworthy#, JK Geyer*, KA Hovel, and FJ Fodrie (2018) Distribution and relative predation risk of nekton reveal complex edge effects within temperate seagrass habitat. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 503:52-59.
51. Reynolds, PL, JJ Stachowicz, K Hovel, C Boström, K Boyer, M Cusson, JS Eklof, FG Engel, AH Engelen, BK Eriksson, FJ Fodrie, JN Griffin, C Hereu, M Hori, T Hanley, M Ivanov, P Jorgensen, C Kruschel, K-S Lee, K McGlathery, PO Moksnes, M Nakaoka, MI O'Connor, N O'Connor, RJ Orth, F Rossi, J Ruesink, E Sotka, F Tomas, RKF Unsworth, MA Whalen, and JE Duffy (2018) Biogeography of predation pressure in eelgrass across the Northern Hemisphere. Ecology 99: 29-35.
50. Keller# DA, RK Gittman, R Bouchillon*, and FJ Fodrie (2017) Life stage and species identity determine whether habitat subsidies enhance or simply redistribute consumer biomass. Journal of Animal Ecology 86: 1394-1403.
49. Ridge#, JT, AB Rodriguez, and FJ Fodrie (2017) Evidence of exceptional shellfish reef resilience to rapid fluctuations in sea level. Ecology and Evolution 7: 10409-10420.
48. Fodrie, FJ, AB Rodriguez, RK Gittman, JH Grabowski, NL Lindquist, CH Peterson, MF Piehler, and JT Ridge# (2017) Oyster reefs as carbon sources and sinks. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, Biological Sciences 284: 20170891.
47. Livernois*, MC, JH Grabowski, AK Poray, TC Gouhier, AR Hughes, KF O’Brien, LA Yeager, and FJ Fodrie (2017) Effects of habitat fragmentation on Zostera marina seed distribution. Aquatic Botany 142:1-9.
46. Ridge#, JT, AB Rodriguez, and FJ Fodrie (2017) Saltmarsh and fringing oyster reef transgression in a shallow temperate estuary: implications for restoration, conservation and blue carbon. Estuaries and Coasts 40:1013-1027.
45. Smith CS, RK Gittman, IP Neylan, SB Scyphers, J Morton, FJ Fodrie, JH Grabowski, and CH Peterson (2017) Hurricane damage along natural and hardened estuarine shorelines: using homeowner experiences to promote nature-based coastal protection. Marine Policy 81:350-358.
44. McCann, MJ, KW Able, RR Christian, FJ Fodrie, OP Jensen, J Johnson PC López-Duarte, CW Martin, JA Olin, MJ Polito, BJ Roberts, and SL Ziegler# (2017) Key taxa in food web responses to stressors: The Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 15: 142-149.
43. López-Duarte, PC, FJ Fodrie, OP Jensen, A Whitehead, F Galvez, B Dubansky, and KW Able (2016) Is exposure to Macondo oil reflected in the otolith chemistry of marsh-resident fish? PLoS One 11: e0162699.
42. Yeager$, LA, DA Keller#, TR Burns*, A Pool, and FJ Fodrie (2016) Threshold effects of habitat fragmentation on fish diversity at landscapes scales. Ecology 97: 2157–2166.
41. Gittman, RK, CH Peterson, CA Currin, FJ Fodrie, MF Piehler, and JF Bruno (2016) Living shorelines can enhance the nursery role of threatened coastal habitats. Ecological Applications 26: 249-263.
40. Kroll#, IR, AK Poray, BJ Puckett, DB Eggleston, and FJ Fodrie (2016) Environmental effects on elemental uptake in the shells of the Eastern oyster, Crassostrea virginica: implications for the use of geochemical tagging to assess connectivity. Marine Ecology Progress Series 543: 173–186.
39. Walles, B, FJ Fodrie, S Nieuwhof, PMJ Herman, and T Ysebaert (2016) Guidelines for evaluating performance of oyster habitat restoration should include tidal emersion: reply to Baggett et al. Restoration Ecology 24: 4-7.
38. Ridge#, JT, AB Rodriguez, FJ Fodrie, NL Lindquist, MC Brodeur#, SE Coleman#, JH Grabowski, and EJ Theuerkauf (2015) Maximizing oyster-reef growth supports green infrastructure with accelerating sea-level rise. Scientific Reports 5: 14785.
37. Theuerkauf, EJ, JD Stephens, JT Ridge#, FJ Fodrie, and AB Rodriguez (2015) Carbon export from fringing saltmarsh shoreline erosion overwhelms burial across a critical width threshold. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 164: 367-378.
36. Gittman, RK, FJ Fodrie, AM Popowich, DA Keller#, JF Bruno, CA Currin, CH Peterson, and MF Piehler (2015) Engineering away our natural defenses: an analysis of shoreline hardening in the United States. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 13: 301–307. *Research featured in Science (special section on Oceans and Climate): Popkin, G. (2015) Breaking the waves. Science 350: 756-759.
35. Able, KW, PC López-Duarte, FJ Fodrie, OP Jensen, CW Martin, BJ Roberts, J Valenti, K O’Connor, and SC Halbert (2015) Fish assemblage structure in Louisiana salt marshes: effects of the Macondo Oil Spill. Estuaries and Coasts 38: 1385-1398.
34. Baillie*, CJ, JM Fear, and FJ Fodrie (2015) Ecotone effects on seagrass and saltmarsh habitat-use by juvenile fishes in a temperate estuary. Estuaries and Coasts 38: 1414-1430.
33. Fodrie, FJ, LA Yeager$, JH Grabowski, CA Layman, GD Sherwood, and MD Kenworthy (2015) Measuring individuality in habitat use across complex landscapes: approaches, constraints, and implications for assessing resource specialization. Oecologia 178: 75-87.
32. Brodeur#, MC, MF Piehler, and FJ Fodrie (2015) Consumers mitigate effects of heat stress and nutrient enrichment on eelgrass (Zostera marina L.) communities at its southern range limit. Marine Ecology Progress Series 525: 53-64.
31. Heck Jr, KL, FJ Fodrie, SL Madsen, CJ Baillie*, and DA Byron (2015) Seagrass consumption by native and a tropically associated fish species: potential impacts of the tropicalization of the northern Gulf of Mexico. Marine Ecology Progress Series 520: 165–173.
30. Fodrie, FJ, KW Able, F Galvez, KL Heck Jr, OP Jensen, PC López-Duarte, CW Martin, RE Turner, and A Whitehead (2014) Integrating organismal and population responses of estuarine fishes in Macondo spill research. BioScience 64: 778-788.
29. Fodrie, FJ, AB Rodriguez, CJ Baillie*, MC Brodeur#, SE Coleman#, RK Gittman, DA Keller#, MD Kenworthy, AK Poray, JT Ridge#, EJ Theuerkauf, and NL Lindquist (2014) Classic paradigms in a novel environment: inserting food-web and productivity lessons from rocky shores and saltmarshes in to biogenic reef restoration. Journal of Applied Ecology 51: 1314-1325.
28. Rodriguez, AB, FJ Fodrie, JT Ridge#, NL Lindquist, EJ Theuerkauf, SE Coleman#, JH Grabowski, MC Brodeur#, RK Gittman, DA Keller#, and MD Kenworthy (2014) Oyster reefs can outpace sea-level rise. Nature Climate Change 4: 493-497.
27. Gericke, RL, KL Heck Jr, and FJ Fodrie (2014) Interactions between northern-shifting tropical species and native species in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Estuaries and Coasts 37: 952-961.
26. Scyphers, SB, FJ Fodrie, FJ Hernandez, SP Powers, and RL Shipp (2013) Venting and reef fish survival: perceptions and participation rates among recreational anglers in the northern Gulf of Mexico. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 33: 1071–1078.
25. Powers, SP, FJ Fodrie, SB Scyphers, JM Drymon, RL Shipp, and GW Stunz (2013) Gulf-wide decreases in the size of large coastal sharks documented by generations of fishermen. Marine and Coastal Fisheries: Dynamics, Management, and Ecosystem Science 5: 93-102. *Awarded Marine and Coastal Fisheries Best Paper of 2013
24. Fodrie, FJ, and SZ Herzka (2013) Post-settlement migration expands a bottleneck in the life history of an estuarine-dependent finfish: a comparative approach using trace element and stable isotope data. Estuaries and Coasts 36: 906-917.
23. Carson, HC, PC López-Duarte, GS Cook, FJ Fodrie, BJ Becker, C DiBacco, and LA Levin (2013) Temporal, spatial, and interspecific variation in geochemical tags within fish otoliths, bivalve larval shells, and crustacean larvae. Marine Ecology Progress Series 473: 133-148.
22. López-Duarte, PC, HS Carson, GS Cook, FJ Fodrie, BJ Becker, C DiBacco, and LA Levin (2012) What controls connectivity? An empirical, multi-species approach. Integrative and Comparative Biology 52: 511-524.
21. Fodrie, FJ, BJ Toscano*, MC Brodeur*, and SP Powers (2012) Friend or foe: conflicting demands and conditional risk taking by opportunistic scavengers. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 422-423: 114-121.
20. Craig, MT, FJ Fodrie, LG Allen, RJ Toonen, and LA Chartier (2011) Discordant phylogeographic and biogeographic breaks in California halibut. Bulletin of the California Academy of Sciences 110: 141-151.
19. Fodrie, FJ, and KL Heck Jr. (2011) Response of coastal fishes to the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster. PLoS One 6: e21609. *Article featured at sciencenews.org
18. Fodrie, FJ, BJ Becker, LA Levin, K Gruenthal, and PA McMillan (2011) Connectivity clues from short-term variability in settlement and geochemical tags of mytilid mussels. Journal of Sea Research 65: 141-150. *Cited by Faculty of 1000 as in the top 2% of Biology papers
17. Toscano*, BJ, FJ Fodrie, SL Madsen*, and SP Powers (2010) Multiple prey effects: agonistic behaviors between prey species enhances overall predation by their shared predator. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 385: 59-65.
16. Martin, CW, FJ Fodrie, KL Heck Jr, and J Mattila (2010) Differential habitat use and antipredator response of juvenile roach (Rutilus rutilus) to olfactory and visual cues from multiple predators. Oecologia 162: 893-902.
15. Fodrie, FJ, KL Heck Jr, SP Powers, WM Graham, and KL Robinson# (2010) Climate-related, decadal-scale assemblage changes of seagrass-associated fishes in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Global Change Biology 16: 48-59.
14. Fodrie, FJ, LA Levin, and AE Rathburn (2009) High densities and depth-associated changes of epibenthic megafaunal along the Aleutian Margin from 2000-4200 m. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom 89: 1517-1527.
13. Dick, GJ, SM Webb, BG Clement, FJ Fodrie, JR Bargar, and BM Tebo (2009) Enzymatic microbial Mn (II) oxidation and Mn biooxide production in the Guaymas Basin deep-sea hydrothermal plume. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 73: 6517-6530.
12. Fodrie, FJ, LA Levin, and AJ Lucas (2009) Use of population fitness to evaluate the nursery function of juvenile habitats. Marine Ecology Progress Series 385: 39-49.
11. Herzka, SZ, R Griffiths, FJ Fodrie, and ID McCarthy (2009) Size-specific distribution and movement patterns of juvenile flatfish in a Pacific estuary derived through length-frequency and mark-recapture data. Ciencias Marinas 35: 41-57.
10. Rathburn AE, LA Levin, M Tryon, JM Gieskes, JB Martin, ME Pérez, FJ Fodrie, C Neira, GJ Fryer, G Mendoza, PA McMillan, J Kluesner, J Adamic, and W Ziebis (2009) Geological and biological heterogeneity of the Aleutian margin (2000-4800 m). Progress in Oceanography 80: 22-50.
9. Fodrie, FJ, MD Kenworthy, and SP Powers (2008) Unintended facilitation between marine consumers generates enhanced mortality for their shared prey. Ecology 89: 3268-3274.
8. Fodrie, FJ, and LA Levin (2008) Linking juvenile habitat utilization to population dynamics of the California halibut. Limnology and Oceanography 53: 799-812.
7. Fodrie, FJ, and SH Herzka (2008) Tracking juvenile fish movement and nursery contribution within arid coastal embayments via otolith microchemistry. Marine Ecology Progress Series 361: 253-265.
6. Becker, BJ, LA Levin, FJ Fodrie, and PA McMillan (2007) Complex larval connectivity patterns among marine invertebrate populations. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 104: 3267-3272. *Cited by Faculty of 1000 as in the top 2% of Biology papers
5. Fodrie, FJ, SZ Herzka, AJ Lucas, and V Francisco (2007) Intraspecific density regulates positioning and feeding mode selection of the sand dollar Dendraster excentricus. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 340: 169-183.
4. Fodrie, FJ, and G Mendoza (2006) Availability, usage and expected contribution of potential nursery habitats for the California halibut. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 68: 149-164.
3. Becker, BJ, FJ Fodrie, PA McMillan, and LA Levin (2005) Spatial and temporal variability in trace elemental fingerprints of mytilid mussel shells: a precursor to invertebrate larval tracking. Limnology and Oceanography 50: 48-61.
2. Craig, MT, FJ Fodrie, and PA Hastings (2004) The nearshore fish assemblage of the Scripps Coastal Reserve, San Diego, California. Coastal Management 32: 341-351.
1. Peterson CH, FJ Fodrie, HC Summerson, and SP Powers (2001) Site-specific and density-dependent extinction of prey by schooling rays: generation of a population sink in top-quality habitat for bay scallops. Oecologia 129: 349-356.