1. Able, KW and FJ Fodrie (2015) Distribution and dynamics of habitat use by juvenile and adult flatfishes. Pgs. 242-282. In: Gibson, RN, RDM Nash, AJ Geffen, and HW Van der Veer (eds.), Flatfishes: Biology and Exploitation, Second Edition. Fish and Aquatic Resources Series. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, United Kingdom.
(Mentored: #graduate student; *undergraduate/technician; $postdoctoral researcher)
101. Yarnall#, AH, LA Yeager, C Lopazanski*, AK Poray*, J Morley$, A Hurlbert, and FJ Fodrie (revision requested) Habitat area more consistently affects seagrass faunal communities than fragmentation per se. Ecological Monographs
100. Naisbett-Jones, LC, EG Tsai, FJ Fodrie, CMF Lohmann, and KJ Lohmann (resubmitted) A geomagnetic map and compass in a bottom-dwelling flatfish. Current Biology
99. Trackenberg, ST, CJ Baillie, FJ Fodrie, S Bartusek, EH Wellman, and RK Gittman (revision requested) Are nursery habitat frameworks still taking baby steps in their application to U.S. fisheries management? BioScience
98. Poray, AK, JW Morley$, LEJ Alexander, and FJ Fodrie (revision requested) Positive interactions between bivalves and seagrass may facilitate an ecosystem-based approach to habitat conservation. Estuaries and Coasts
97. Kroll#, IR, and FJ Fodrie (revision requested) Carry-over effects from nursery habitats may influence reproductive life history of a coastal marine fish. Estuaries and Coasts
96. Kenworthy#, MD, JH Grabowski, RK Gittman, DA Keller#, FS Scharf, L Hollensead, TK Scheffel, and FJ Fodrie (revision requested) Restoration goals, spatial scale, and species identity influence how cultch shell enhancement and artificial reefs provide habitat subsidies for estuarine fishes. Restoration Ecology
95. Plumlee#, JD, C Branham*, S Ryburn, and FJ Fodrie (in press) Trophic partitioning among seasonally resident predators in a temperate estuary. Marine Ecology Progress Series
94. Oken, KL, KW Able, K de Mutsert, FJ Fodrie, PC López-Duarte, CW Martin, MJ McCann, P Neubauer, JA Olin, MJ Polito, BJ Roberts, and OP Jensen (in press) Fishery closures, more than predator release, increased resilience of nearshore fishes and invertebrates to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Estuaries and Coasts
93. Yu, L, M Khachaturyan, M Matschiner, A Healey, D Bauer, B Cameron, M Cusson, JE Duffy, FJ Fodrie, D Gill, J Grimwood, M Hori, K Hovel, AR Hughes, J Jenkins, K Keymanesh, C Kruschel, S Mamadi, P-O Moksnes, M Nakaoka, C Pennacchio, K Reiss, F Rossi, JL Ruesink, S Schultz, S Talbot, R Unsworth, D Ward, T Dagan, J Schmutz, JJ Stachowicz, Van de Peer, JL Olsen, TBH Reusch (2023) Ocean currents drive the worldwide colonization of eelgrass (Zostera marina), the most widespread marine plant. Nature Plants DOI: 10.1038/s41477-023-01464-3.
92. Naisbett-Jones, LC, C Branham, S Biraff, S Paliotti, AR McMains, FJ Fodrie, JW Morley, JA Buckel, and KJ Lohmann (2023) A method for long-term retention of pop-up satellite archival tags (PSATs) on small migratory fishes. Journal of Fish Biology 102: 1029-1039.
91. Bost, MC, CD Deaton, AB Rodriguez, BA McKee, FJ Fodrie, and CB Miller (2023) Anthropogenic impacts on tidal creek sedimentation since 1900. PLoS One 18: e0280490.
90. Clance*, LR, SL Ziegler#, and FJ Fodrie (2023) Contaminants disrupt aquatic food webs via decreased consumer efficiency. Science of the Total Environment 859: 160245.
89. Zhang$, YS, RK Gittman, SH Swinea*, G Roskar, JA Jarvis, JM Kenworthy, FJ Fodrie (2022) Tropical cyclone impacts on seagrass-associated fishes in a temperate-subtropical estuary. PLoS One 17: e0273556.
88. Duffy, JE, JJ Stachowicz, PL Reynolds, EE Sotka, KA Hovel, C Bostrom, KE Boyer, M Cusson, J Eklof, AH Engelen, BK Eriksson, FJ Fodrie, JN Griffin, CM Hereu, M Hori, AR Hughes, MV Ivanov, M Jahnke, P Jorgensen, C Kruschel, K-S Lee, JS Lefcheck, P-O Moksnes, M Nakaoka, MI O'Connor, NE O'Connor, RJ Orth, BJ Peterson, H Reiss, K Reiss, JP Richardson, F Rossi, JL Ruesink, ST Schultz, J Thormar, F Tomas, R Unsworth, E Voigt, MA Whalen, SL Ziegler, JL Olsen (2022) A Pleistocene legacy structures variation in modern seagrass ecosystems. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 119: e2121425119.
87. Plumlee#, JD, G Roskar*, JK Craig, and FJ Fodrie (2022) Assessing the catchability of predators in the presence of prey using experimental gillnets in a temperate estuary. Fisheries Research 253: 106383.
86. Tice-Lewis#, M, YS Zhang*,$, SG Redding*, NL Lindquist, AB Rodriguez, C Fieseler, QA Walker*, FJ Fodrie (2022) Coastal squeeze on temperate reefs: long-term shifts in salinity, water quality, and oyster-associated communities. Ecological Applications 32: e2609
85. Grabowski, JH, CJ Baillie, A Baukus, FJ Fodrie, RK Gittman, AR Hughes, DL Kimbro, HS Lenihan, SP Powers, K Sullivan, and R Wagaman (2022) Fish and invertebrate use of restored vs. natural oyster reefs in a shallow temperate latitude estuary. Ecosphere 13: e4035.
84. Gross, CP, JE Duffy, KA Hovel, MR Kardish, PL Reynolds, C Boström, KE Boyer, M Cusson, J Eklöf, AH Engelen, BK Eriksson, FJ Fodrie, JN Griffin, CM Hereu, M Hori, AR Hughes, MV Ivanov, P Jorgensen, C Kruschel, K-S Lee, J Lefcheck, P-O Moksnes, M Nakaoka, MI O'Connor, NE O'Connor, JL Olsen, RJ Orth, BJ Peterson, H Reiss, F Rossi, J Ruesink, EE Sotka, J Thormar, F Tomas, R Unsworth, EP Voigt, MA Whalen, and JJ Stachowicz (2022) The biogeography of community assembly: latitude and predation pressure drive geographic variation in community trait distribution in a guild of marine epifaunal crustaceans. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, Biological Sciences 289: 20211762
83. Yarnall#, AH, JE Byers, LA Yeager, and FJ Fodrie (2022) Comparing fragmentation and edge effects on seagrass communities: a meta-analysis. Ecology 103: e3603.
82. Plumlee#, JD, MD Kenworthy#, RK Gittman, DA Keller#, EE Garnet, L Vaca-Pita, LA Carr, FJ Fodrie (2022) Remarkable euryhalinity of a marine fish Lutjanus novemfasciatus in mangrove nurseries. Ecology 103: e03582.
81. Van Hoeck, RV, AB Paxton, DR Bohnentiehl, JC Taylor, FJ Fodrie, and CH Peterson (2021) Passive acoustic monitoring complements traditional methods for assessing habitat enhancement outcomes. Ecosphere 12: e03840.
80. Swinea*, SH, and FJ Fodrie (2021) Gulf fisheries supported resilience in the decade following unparalleled oiling. Ecosphere 12: e03801.
79. Gittman, RK, SB Scyphers, CJ Baillie, A Brodmerkel, JH Grabowski, M Livernois, A Poray, CS Smith, and FJ Fodrie (2021) Reversing a tyranny of cascading shoreline-protection decisions driving coastal habitat loss. Conservation Science and Practice 3: e490.
78. Keppeler, FW, JA Olin, P Lopez-Duarte, MJ Polito, L Hooper-Bùi, SS Taylor, NN Rabalais, FJ Fodrie, BJ Roberts, RE Turner, CW Martin, and OP Jensen (2021) Body size, trophic position, and the coupling of different energy pathways across a saltmarsh landscape. Limnology and Oceanography Letters 6: 360-368.
77. Ziegler#, SL, LR Clance*, AR McMains*, MD Miller*, and FJ Fodrie (2021) Influence of marsh island size on nekton communities: intermediate optima rather than SLOSS. Marine Ecology Progress Series 672: 45-56.
76. Wiesenburg, DA, RL Shipp, C Wilson, FJ Fodrie, SP Powers, J Latrigue, KM Darnell, MM Baustian, C Ngo, JF Valentine, and K Wowk (2021) Prospects for Gulf of Mexico Environmental Recovery and Restoration. Oceanography 34: 164-173.
75. Li, W, X-M Liu, K Wang, FJ Fodrie, and T Yoshimura (2021) The K isotopic composition of modern marine biogenic carbonates. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 304: 364-380.
74. Benavides#, MT, FJ Fodrie, SR Fegley, and G Bargione (2021) Size changes within a southeast United States coastal shark assemblage: 1975-2018. Marine and Coastal Fisheries: Dynamics, Management, and Ecosystem Science 13:228–239.
73. Hovel, KA, JE Duffy, JJ Stachowicz, P Reynolds, C Bostrom, K Boyer, M Cusson, FJ Fodrie, CM Hereu, M Hori, P Jorgensen, C Kruschel, K-S Lee, NE O’Connor, M Nakaoka, FT Nash, F Rossi, and J Ruesink (2021) Joint effects of patch edges and habitat degradation on faunal predation risk in a widespread marine foundation species. Ecology 102: e03316.
72. Lefcheck, JS, B Pfirmann, FJ Fodrie, JH Grabowski, AR Hughes, and AR Smyth (2021) Consumption rates on oyster reefs vs. shellfish leases: a seasonal and latitudinal comparison. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 536: 1-8.
71. Whalen, MA, RDB Whippo, PH York, E Aiello, T Alcoverro, C Bertolini, L Benedetti-Cecchi, M Bresch, F Bulleri, PE Carnell, S Cimon, RM Connolly, M Cusson, MS Diskin, E D'Souza, AAV Flores, FJ Fodrie, AWE Galloway, LC Gaskins, OJ Graham, TC Hanley, CJ Henderson, CM Hereu, M Hessing-Lewis, KA Hovel, BB Hughes, AR Hughes, KM Hultgren, H Jänes, DS Janiak, LN Johnston, P Jorgensen, BP Kelaher, C Kruschel, BS Lanham, K-S Lee, JS Lefcheck, E Lozano-Álvarez, PI Macreadie, ZL Monteith, NE O'Connor, AD Olds, JK O'Leary, CJ Patrick, O Pino, AGB Poore, MA Rasheed, WW Raymond, K Reiss, OK Rhoades, MT Robinson, PG Ross, F Rossi, TA Schlacher, J Seemann, BR Silliman, DL Smee, JJ Stachowicz, M Thiel, RKF Unsworth, BI van Tussenbroek, A Vergés, ME Yeager, BK Yednock, SL Ziegler, and JE Duffy (2020) Predator communities mediate the effect of climate on predation intensity in shallow marine environments. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 117: 28160-28166.
70. Ziegler#, SL, MD Miller*, CS Smith, and FJ Fodrie (2020) Access windows rather than habitat structure drive predation across the land-sea interface. Estuaries and Coasts DOI: 10.1007/s12237-020-00829-7.
69. Van Hoeck#, RV, AB Paxton, DR Bohnenstiehl, JC Taylor, FJ Fodrie, DP Nowacek, CM Voss, and CH Peterson (2020) Soundscapes of natural and artificial temperate reefs: similar temporal patterns but distinct spectral content. Marine Ecology Progress Series 649: 35-51.
68. Plumlee#, JD, LA Yeager, and FJ Fodrie (2020) Role of saltmarsh production in subsidizing adjacent seagrass food webs: implications for landscape-scale restoration. Food Webs e00158.
67. Fodrie, FJ, KL Heck Jr, CFT Andrus, and SP Powers (2020) Determinants of the nursery role of seagrass meadows in the sub-tropical Gulf of Mexico: inshore-offshore connectivity for snapper and grouper. Marine Ecology Progress Series 647: 135-147.
66. Yarnall#, AH, and FJ Fodrie (2020) Predator-prey dynamics within seagrass landscapes shift with summer temperature transitions. Oecologia 193: 403-413.
65. Hoey, JA, FJ Fodrie, Q Walker*, E Hilton, TG Kellison, T Targett, JC Taylor, KW Able, and ML Pinsky (2020) Using multiple natural tags provides evidence for extensive larval dispersal across space and through time in summer flounder. Molecular Ecology 29: 1421-1435.
64. Korzik, M, H Austin, B Cooper, C Jasperse, G Tan, E Richards, E Spencer, B Steinwand, FJ Fodrie, and J Bruno (2020) Marketplace shrimp mislabeling in North Carolina. PLoS One 15: e0229512.
63. Benavides#, MT, FJ Fodrie, and DW Johnston (2020) Shark detection probability from aerial drone surveys within a temperate estuary. Journal of Unmanned Vehicle Systems 8: 44-56.
62. Ziegler#, SL, KW Able, and FJ Fodrie (2019) Dietary shifts across biogeographic scales alter spatial subsidy dynamics. Ecosphere 10: e02980.
61. Yeager, LA, JK Geyer*, and FJ Fodrie (2019) Trait sensitivities to seagrass fragmentation across spatial scales shape benthic community structure. Journal of Animal Ecology 88: 1743-1754.
60. Keller#, DA, RK Gittman, MC Brodeur#, MD Kenworthy#, JT Ridge#, LA Yeager$, AB Rodriguez, and FJ Fodrie (2019) Salt marsh shoreline geomorphology influences the development of restored oyster reefs and use by associated fauna. Restoration Ecology 27: 1429-1441.
59. Jensen, OP, CW Martin, KL Oken, FJ Fodrie, PC López-Duarte, KW Able, and BJ Roberts (2019) Simultaneous estimation of dispersal and survival of the gulf killifish (Fundulus grandis) from a batch-tagging experiment. Marine Ecology Progress Series 624: 183-194.
58. Lipcius, RN, DB Eggleston, FJ Fodrie, J van der Meer, KA Rose, RP Vasconcelos, and KE van de Wolfshaar (2019) Modeling quantitative value of coastal habitats for exploited populations. Frontiers in Marine Science 6: 1-22.
57. Livernois, MC, FJ Fodrie, KL Heck Jr, and SP Powers (2019) Emergent multiple predator effects and habitat complexity shape estuarine trophic dynamics. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 511: 120-128.
56. Kenworthy#, MD, JH Grabowski, CA Layman, GD Sherwood, SP Powers, CH Peterson, RK Gittman, DA Keller#, and FJ Fodrie (2018) Movement ecology of a higher-order predator reveals limited landscape-scale connectivity within a temperate estuary. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 75: 1990-1998.
55. Ziegler#, SL, FJ Fodrie, CJ Baillie*, and JH Grabowski (2018) Effects of landscape setting on oyster reef structure and function persist more than a decade post restoration. Restoration Ecology 26: 933-942.
54. Gittman, RK, FJ Fodrie, CJ Baillie*, MC Brodeur#, CA Currin, DA Keller#, MD Kenworthy#, JP Morton*, JT Ridge#, and YS Zhang* (2018) Living on the edge: increasing patch size enhances resilience of restored salt marsh to inundation stress. Estuaries and Coasts 41: 884-895.
53. Kroll#, IR, AK Poray, BJ Puckett, DB Eggleston, and FJ Fodrie (2018) Quantifying estuarine-scale invertebrate larval dispersal and connectivity: methodological and ecological insights. Limnology and Oceanography 63: 1979-1991.
52. Mahoney*, R, MD Kenworthy#, JK Geyer*, KA Hovel, and FJ Fodrie (2018) Distribution and relative predation risk of nekton reveal complex edge effects within temperate seagrass habitat. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 503:52-59.
51. Reynolds, PL, JJ Stachowicz, K Hovel, C Boström, K Boyer, M Cusson, JS Eklof, FG Engel, AH Engelen, BK Eriksson, FJ Fodrie, JN Griffin, C Hereu, M Hori, T Hanley, M Ivanov, P Jorgensen, C Kruschel, K-S Lee, K McGlathery, PO Moksnes, M Nakaoka, MI O'Connor, N O'Connor, RJ Orth, F Rossi, J Ruesink, E Sotka, F Tomas, RKF Unsworth, MA Whalen, and JE Duffy (2018) Biogeography of predation pressure in eelgrass across the Northern Hemisphere. Ecology 99: 29-35.
50. Keller# DA, RK Gittman, R Bouchillon*, and FJ Fodrie (2017) Life stage and species identity determine whether habitat subsidies enhance or simply redistribute consumer biomass. Journal of Animal Ecology 86: 1394-1403.
49. Ridge#, JT, AB Rodriguez, and FJ Fodrie (2017) Evidence of exceptional shellfish reef resilience to rapid fluctuations in sea level. Ecology and Evolution 7: 10409-10420.
48. Fodrie, FJ, AB Rodriguez, RK Gittman, JH Grabowski, NL Lindquist, CH Peterson, MF Piehler, and JT Ridge# (2017) Oyster reefs as carbon sources and sinks. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, Biological Sciences 284: 20170891.
47. Livernois*, MC, JH Grabowski, AK Poray, TC Gouhier, AR Hughes, KF O’Brien, LA Yeager, and FJ Fodrie (2017) Effects of habitat fragmentation on Zostera marina seed distribution. Aquatic Botany 142:1-9.
46. Ridge#, JT, AB Rodriguez, and FJ Fodrie (2017) Saltmarsh and fringing oyster reef transgression in a shallow temperate estuary: implications for restoration, conservation and blue carbon. Estuaries and Coasts 40:1013-1027.
45. Smith CS, RK Gittman, IP Neylan, SB Scyphers, J Morton, FJ Fodrie, JH Grabowski, and CH Peterson (2017) Hurricane damage along natural and hardened estuarine shorelines: using homeowner experiences to promote nature-based coastal protection. Marine Policy 81:350-358.
44. McCann, MJ, KW Able, RR Christian, FJ Fodrie, OP Jensen, J Johnson PC López-Duarte, CW Martin, JA Olin, MJ Polito, BJ Roberts, and SL Ziegler# (2017) Key taxa in food web responses to stressors: The Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 15: 142-149.
43. López-Duarte, PC, FJ Fodrie, OP Jensen, A Whitehead, F Galvez, B Dubansky, and KW Able (2016) Is exposure to Macondo oil reflected in the otolith chemistry of marsh-resident fish? PLoS One 11: e0162699.
42. Yeager$, LA, DA Keller#, TR Burns*, A Pool, and FJ Fodrie (2016) Threshold effects of habitat fragmentation on fish diversity at landscapes scales. Ecology 97: 2157–2166.
41. Gittman, RK, CH Peterson, CA Currin, FJ Fodrie, MF Piehler, and JF Bruno (2016) Living shorelines can enhance the nursery role of threatened coastal habitats. Ecological Applications 26: 249-263.
40. Kroll#, IR, AK Poray, BJ Puckett, DB Eggleston, and FJ Fodrie (2016) Environmental effects on elemental uptake in the shells of the Eastern oyster, Crassostrea virginica: implications for the use of geochemical tagging to assess connectivity. Marine Ecology Progress Series 543: 173–186.
39. Walles, B, FJ Fodrie, S Nieuwhof, PMJ Herman, and T Ysebaert (2016) Guidelines for evaluating performance of oyster habitat restoration should include tidal emersion: reply to Baggett et al. Restoration Ecology 24: 4-7.
38. Ridge#, JT, AB Rodriguez, FJ Fodrie, NL Lindquist, MC Brodeur#, SE Coleman#, JH Grabowski, and EJ Theuerkauf (2015) Maximizing oyster-reef growth supports green infrastructure with accelerating sea-level rise. Scientific Reports 5: 14785.
37. Theuerkauf, EJ, JD Stephens, JT Ridge#, FJ Fodrie, and AB Rodriguez (2015) Carbon export from fringing saltmarsh shoreline erosion overwhelms burial across a critical width threshold. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 164: 367-378.
36. Gittman, RK, FJ Fodrie, AM Popowich, DA Keller#, JF Bruno, CA Currin, CH Peterson, and MF Piehler (2015) Engineering away our natural defenses: an analysis of shoreline hardening in the United States. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 13: 301–307. *Research featured in Science (special section on Oceans and Climate): Popkin, G. (2015) Breaking the waves. Science 350: 756-759.
35. Able, KW, PC López-Duarte, FJ Fodrie, OP Jensen, CW Martin, BJ Roberts, J Valenti, K O’Connor, and SC Halbert (2015) Fish assemblage structure in Louisiana salt marshes: effects of the Macondo Oil Spill. Estuaries and Coasts 38: 1385-1398.
34. Baillie*, CJ, JM Fear, and FJ Fodrie (2015) Ecotone effects on seagrass and saltmarsh habitat-use by juvenile fishes in a temperate estuary. Estuaries and Coasts 38: 1414-1430.
33. Fodrie, FJ, LA Yeager$, JH Grabowski, CA Layman, GD Sherwood, and MD Kenworthy (2015) Measuring individuality in habitat use across complex landscapes: approaches, constraints, and implications for assessing resource specialization. Oecologia 178: 75-87.
32. Brodeur#, MC, MF Piehler, and FJ Fodrie (2015) Consumers mitigate effects of heat stress and nutrient enrichment on eelgrass (Zostera marina L.) communities at its southern range limit. Marine Ecology Progress Series 525: 53-64.
31. Heck Jr, KL, FJ Fodrie, SL Madsen, CJ Baillie*, and DA Byron (2015) Seagrass consumption by native and a tropically associated fish species: potential impacts of the tropicalization of the northern Gulf of Mexico. Marine Ecology Progress Series 520: 165–173.
30. Fodrie, FJ, KW Able, F Galvez, KL Heck Jr, OP Jensen, PC López-Duarte, CW Martin, RE Turner, and A Whitehead (2014) Integrating organismal and population responses of estuarine fishes in Macondo spill research. BioScience 64: 778-788.
29. Fodrie, FJ, AB Rodriguez, CJ Baillie*, MC Brodeur#, SE Coleman#, RK Gittman, DA Keller#, MD Kenworthy, AK Poray, JT Ridge#, EJ Theuerkauf, and NL Lindquist (2014) Classic paradigms in a novel environment: inserting food-web and productivity lessons from rocky shores and saltmarshes in to biogenic reef restoration. Journal of Applied Ecology 51: 1314-1325.
28. Rodriguez, AB, FJ Fodrie, JT Ridge#, NL Lindquist, EJ Theuerkauf, SE Coleman#, JH Grabowski, MC Brodeur#, RK Gittman, DA Keller#, and MD Kenworthy (2014) Oyster reefs can outpace sea-level rise. Nature Climate Change 4: 493-497.
27. Gericke, RL, KL Heck Jr, and FJ Fodrie (2014) Interactions between northern-shifting tropical species and native species in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Estuaries and Coasts 37: 952-961.
26. Scyphers, SB, FJ Fodrie, FJ Hernandez, SP Powers, and RL Shipp (2013) Venting and reef fish survival: perceptions and participation rates among recreational anglers in the northern Gulf of Mexico. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 33: 1071–1078.
25. Powers, SP, FJ Fodrie, SB Scyphers, JM Drymon, RL Shipp, and GW Stunz (2013) Gulf-wide decreases in the size of large coastal sharks documented by generations of fishermen. Marine and Coastal Fisheries: Dynamics, Management, and Ecosystem Science 5: 93-102. *Awarded Marine and Coastal Fisheries Best Paper of 2013
24. Fodrie, FJ, and SZ Herzka (2013) Post-settlement migration expands a bottleneck in the life history of an estuarine-dependent finfish: a comparative approach using trace element and stable isotope data. Estuaries and Coasts 36: 906-917.
23. Carson, HC, PC López-Duarte, GS Cook, FJ Fodrie, BJ Becker, C DiBacco, and LA Levin (2013) Temporal, spatial, and interspecific variation in geochemical tags within fish otoliths, bivalve larval shells, and crustacean larvae. Marine Ecology Progress Series 473: 133-148.
22. López-Duarte, PC, HS Carson, GS Cook, FJ Fodrie, BJ Becker, C DiBacco, and LA Levin (2012) What controls connectivity? An empirical, multi-species approach. Integrative and Comparative Biology 52: 511-524.
21. Fodrie, FJ, BJ Toscano*, MC Brodeur*, and SP Powers (2012) Friend or foe: conflicting demands and conditional risk taking by opportunistic scavengers. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 422-423: 114-121.
20. Craig, MT, FJ Fodrie, LG Allen, RJ Toonen, and LA Chartier (2011) Discordant phylogeographic and biogeographic breaks in California halibut. Bulletin of the California Academy of Sciences 110: 141-151.
19. Fodrie, FJ, and KL Heck Jr. (2011) Response of coastal fishes to the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster. PLoS One 6: e21609. *Article featured at sciencenews.org
18. Fodrie, FJ, BJ Becker, LA Levin, K Gruenthal, and PA McMillan (2011) Connectivity clues from short-term variability in settlement and geochemical tags of mytilid mussels. Journal of Sea Research 65: 141-150. *Cited by Faculty of 1000 as in the top 2% of Biology papers
17. Toscano*, BJ, FJ Fodrie, SL Madsen*, and SP Powers (2010) Multiple prey effects: agonistic behaviors between prey species enhances overall predation by their shared predator. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 385: 59-65.
16. Martin, CW, FJ Fodrie, KL Heck Jr, and J Mattila (2010) Differential habitat use and antipredator response of juvenile roach (Rutilus rutilus) to olfactory and visual cues from multiple predators. Oecologia 162: 893-902.
15. Fodrie, FJ, KL Heck Jr, SP Powers, WM Graham, and KL Robinson# (2010) Climate-related, decadal-scale assemblage changes of seagrass-associated fishes in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Global Change Biology 16: 48-59.
14. Fodrie, FJ, LA Levin, and AE Rathburn (2009) High densities and depth-associated changes of epibenthic megafaunal along the Aleutian Margin from 2000-4200 m. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom 89: 1517-1527.
13. Dick, GJ, SM Webb, BG Clement, FJ Fodrie, JR Bargar, and BM Tebo (2009) Enzymatic microbial Mn (II) oxidation and Mn biooxide production in the Guaymas Basin deep-sea hydrothermal plume. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 73: 6517-6530.
12. Fodrie, FJ, LA Levin, and AJ Lucas (2009) Use of population fitness to evaluate the nursery function of juvenile habitats. Marine Ecology Progress Series 385: 39-49.
11. Herzka, SZ, R Griffiths, FJ Fodrie, and ID McCarthy (2009) Size-specific distribution and movement patterns of juvenile flatfish in a Pacific estuary derived through length-frequency and mark-recapture data. Ciencias Marinas 35: 41-57.
10. Rathburn AE, LA Levin, M Tryon, JM Gieskes, JB Martin, ME Pérez, FJ Fodrie, C Neira, GJ Fryer, G Mendoza, PA McMillan, J Kluesner, J Adamic, and W Ziebis (2009) Geological and biological heterogeneity of the Aleutian margin (2000-4800 m). Progress in Oceanography 80: 22-50.
9. Fodrie, FJ, MD Kenworthy, and SP Powers (2008) Unintended facilitation between marine consumers generates enhanced mortality for their shared prey. Ecology 89: 3268-3274.
8. Fodrie, FJ, and LA Levin (2008) Linking juvenile habitat utilization to population dynamics of the California halibut. Limnology and Oceanography 53: 799-812.
7. Fodrie, FJ, and SH Herzka (2008) Tracking juvenile fish movement and nursery contribution within arid coastal embayments via otolith microchemistry. Marine Ecology Progress Series 361: 253-265.
6. Becker, BJ, LA Levin, FJ Fodrie, and PA McMillan (2007) Complex larval connectivity patterns among marine invertebrate populations. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 104: 3267-3272. *Cited by Faculty of 1000 as in the top 2% of Biology papers
5. Fodrie, FJ, SZ Herzka, AJ Lucas, and V Francisco (2007) Intraspecific density regulates positioning and feeding mode selection of the sand dollar Dendraster excentricus. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 340: 169-183.
4. Fodrie, FJ, and G Mendoza (2006) Availability, usage and expected contribution of potential nursery habitats for the California halibut. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 68: 149-164.
3. Becker, BJ, FJ Fodrie, PA McMillan, and LA Levin (2005) Spatial and temporal variability in trace elemental fingerprints of mytilid mussel shells: a precursor to invertebrate larval tracking. Limnology and Oceanography 50: 48-61.
2. Craig, MT, FJ Fodrie, and PA Hastings (2004) The nearshore fish assemblage of the Scripps Coastal Reserve, San Diego, California. Coastal Management 32: 341-351.
1. Peterson CH, FJ Fodrie, HC Summerson, and SP Powers (2001) Site-specific and density-dependent extinction of prey by schooling rays: generation of a population sink in top-quality habitat for bay scallops. Oecologia 129: 349-356.